Added Mounted Combat Rules
- The mount moves on its own initiative, meaning the rider must state a ready action to attack as it passes.
- Any opportunity attack on from you or your mount as you pass is done at disadvantage to avoid this you can use a readied Action as well.
- A mount can charge you, knock you prone, and trample you. This is done with opposed Strength/Athletics checks. A mount gains a bonus on a check of +4 for every pair of legs more than the target. The side with the larger opponent gains a +4 for each size larger. A failure of 5 or more knocks the other prone. If the target is knocked prone the target takes 1d # of feet of attacks. This trample costs 2 squares in movement.
- If setting for a charge might kill the mount but it won't just stop its momentum so be aware.
- All other rules on page 198 of the PHB still apply.